Thursday, December 11, 2008

TOEFL

Yeah guys: tomorrow I'm taking the Test Of English as a Foreign Language!!!

I hope I do alright... I'll miss the help of the corrector while writing and for sure I'll have many troubles with -ght, -gth, thtghgtghgt endings; but I think I can do it!

Two or three years ago I had lot of problems with my English! The high school was terrible for me: it made completely that I lost the interest I had in most of matters, including English. I feel myself as a victim of a system which DOES NOT want to improve.
In the early years of the university I became interested in German and eventually went to Germany with my Erasmus grant. It was the year I understood how important English is, even though I did it well with the German -even won access to the German university-. However, I decided to put if off until my postErasmus depression.
Then I began watching Six feet under and Rurouni Kenshin in English and day after day I became more and more interesting... But it wasn't until I read the best book ever written, that I totally loved the language. Of course, I talk about On the road! I love this book, I love the usage of the language in this book; I love English curling, swirling among the links of the social networks. I love it bending down to a pure drunken semantic chain of sounds and rising up in the fine written British poems.

So tomorrow it's time for me to hand back to the English all the joy it gave me by using it properly. Wish me good luck!

No comments: