Monday, December 29, 2008

The 道, my 道. (part II)

...Lately I've been reeding a book called The construction of China. It speaks, of course, about the socio-political events that brought China fort, but it also spends many chapters giving account of Chinese philosophy or religion, which is many times of capital importance to understand China.
As a part of the philosophy and the religion, the concept of comes up many times. I read about it, became more and more interested... and became also somehow upset: it screws my symbol up.

My symbol doesn't refer to the any eastern philosophical issue. It referred first at all to a phisical Path which becomes the Path itself I (and each one) web by collecting single fibers of experience.
I like also the eastern approach, though I don't totally agree with all I've read. But that's not me, that's not my symbol...

Between my flat mates and me is coming up the idea of making a tattoo at the end of the year. It's a great idea, though I don't like tattoos. I've been thinking, of course, about a 道.
The location is an issue. First at all: it's private, it's for me and I don't care if it's somewhere where it's not visible. My first idea was to make it on the back of my head, beneath the hair. Then I realized
was polysemic and denotes both my 道 and the eastern 道's. I though a tattoo on my head's back would refer rather to an eastern 道... and that's not what I want.
Finally, yesterday night I came to the solution. My
道 is to be tattooed on the sole of one of my feet.

No comments: