Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Fish within my Hands

This is the place where I spent most of the summers of my life! Here I knew my very best shefriend Luchi, with whom I do still hung around when we both meet at the same city. I also had my sexual awakening, though I didn't know it was such thing...

I shared the summer time with my family: uncles & aunts, cousins, my mother, my grandparents...

We do still meet there. I don't go as often as before, now just some weekends; but much of my family does. Today it was a great day: we met almost everyone. I ate, slept a siesta, woke up, read the newspaper, went to the beach, laid down on the sand, talked a while with my cousins, made some postmodernist sand castles...

I swam along the shore. I love to do it naked, but today I didn't. Stopped swimming to talk to my cousin, who was approaching the water. In that moment a fish came and talked to me. I know he was talking to me, he had something to say. Swam all straight and touched my trunks, over and over again.
-Hey! There a fish in here --my cousin didn't want to come into the water.
I closed my hands around the fish. The fish came and kissed my hands. I moved all the way to the shore with the fish dancing within my hands. I knew the fish was from Torre del Mar and had come for me to dace a little bit with him. I showed it to my cousin, who wanted me to bring the fish home with me; but I released him. He swam up to the floor and faded away. I knew he'd returned to Torre del Mar, and I danced to wave goodbye into the sea.

No comments: