Monday, April 13, 2009

Have you got a label?

I do.

Today I went to don blood under request (a girl called home from the center of transfusions). When I got to the place they found out (just asking) that I'm in a homosexual relationship, which automatically excluded me from donning. Doesn't matter it's a monogamous relationship and that both of us have taken proofs recently. It matters that it's a homosexual relationship.

-You have to understand: recently we found 3 positives. All homosexual men which said they'd gotten protection... Maybe a new way for the infection as oral sex...
-Well, heterosexual couples also practice oral sex.

Up to one point I can understand: it's important to keep clean the patients. I wouldn't like to receive infected blood. But when I turned around and walked away I had a second to see the doctor writing in my file "homosexual relationship" and realized I'd gotten a label. Each time I intend to don, doesn't matter if I've been without sex (which hope it doesn't happen...) or whatever, a label will show up and say "ACHTUNG: THIS GUY IS NOT LIKE EVERY ONE".

No comments: